Thursday, May 27, 2010

Two great days off

Your scrapblog editor likes her job, but likes her days off much, much more. Here's how I spent my "weekend" (Tuesday and Wednesday) this week: After a feisty little thunderstorm, the evening skies over Lake Pepin grew mild, so Uncle Joe got his boat out and kindly took me out fishing. We caught a few saugers, gawked at a bald eagle that swooped low over the boat and admired the lake in the evening light.
The "First Creek" delta as seen from the boat.
The mild evening sky.
Earlier in the day, we fished for bluegills at the Lake City marina. I pulled in this lunker.
Uncle Joe always makes the hard work of fish-cleaning look easy.
On Wednesday evening, back in the Twin Cities, it was time for dinner with my old Duluth friends, Laurie Hertzel and Kristi Fuller, at Caffe Biaggio in St. Paul. An excellent evening that capped off a perfect "weekend."

No comments: