Thursday, September 24, 2009

Another lovely vacation day in Lake City and Old Frontenac

Those of you cousins who live 24/7, 365, in Lake City, Minn., may think your scrapblog editor is a little nutty to enjoy my vacations there so much, but it really is a lovely and special place. Snapshots from today in our hometown... Heading out from Hok-Si-La in Elmer's boat in search of white bass. We followed the gulls. Looking from the boat toward Wisconsin. I caught a few decent ones, lost a couple REALLY BIG ONES! just when I was about to land 'em due to my newbie technique. "Practice makes perfect," says Aunt Mavis. Elmer-Joe caught lots, and landed all of them expertly. Looking over the catch in Joe's garage. In the evening, I took a walk to Sand Point, part of Frontenac State Park, where I saw no humans and several deer, and found a few agates on the beach. The trail to Sand Point. Up the hill on the restored prairie hike, the sumac is rapidly turning scarlet. Saw a fox racing through the sumac. Was enjoying my twilight walk so much that I forgot the sun sets at 7:15 p.m. now, and it was pitch dark by the time I got back to my car. Luckily, I've got this broad, circular trail memorized. A little video taken on Joe's boat; click it to take a little boat ride with us. Thanks, Joe, for the fishing trips!

No comments: