Thursday, December 16, 2010

Flapjacks for friends

Your scrapblog editor found this photo on her little camera today. It was taken, unbeknownst to me, by friend Chris Welsch one morning last week from my Robbinsdale dining room as I cooked whole-wheat pancakes for myself, Chris and his wife, Silke Schroeder, sitting in the kitchen chair. The breakfast for Chris and Silke, who I was welcoming back from a few months of life and work in Paris, prominently featured maple syrup harvested in Old Frontenac, Minn., by cousin Dan Broberg. Thanks, Dan! I'm posting this photo because it features PRICELESS BLUE PLATES! Cousins, you have some in your kitchens too, yes? And yes, my Robbinsdale kitchen ceiling really IS pink. And my living room is bright green, and other rooms are bright blue and yellow. Your scrapblog editor likes bright colors! (Though the primary color in my Lake City place is beige, which conventional wisdom says is the color you want in a place for sale. I'm not so sure that conventional wisdom is sound.)

No comments: