Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Blue-plate special

Your scrapblog editor is always exhorting the cousins to scour their basements for the priceless blue plates we all received as children for Christmas from Aunt Tex, insure them at high levels and hang them in their kitchens. On Wednesday night, cousin Dan Broberg made a foray into the very cool cellar of his historic Minnetonka home with your bug-eyed scrapblog editor in close tow. Holy cow -- a whole bunch of old plates, many of them blue! Dan generously gave me several of the old plates, including four priceless blue ones as a Christmas present. This one is dated 1974, the year I graduated from high school. By my count, I'm now about $1,256,287 richer, tho inexplicably, eBay and Craigslist prices haven't quite caught up with my appraisement. Seriously tho, they're valuable many which ways, and soon will be hanging in my Robbinsdale and Lake City kitchens. Thanks so much, Dan!
Dan also showed me the secret to making the big, pretty luminaries he has lining his driveway -- heavy old NordicWare angel food cake pans. He lent me two of them to make my own.

No comments: