Tuesday, November 6, 2012

At last, the dream is unfolding

Your scrapblog editor is beyond thrilled to report that finally, after a summer of loan- and permit-gathering, construction has begun on my small, modest, wonderful little dream home on my land in Old Frontenac, Minn., where I hope to enjoy late middle age and grow old after retirement. As the cousins know, it is right next to Mom and Dad's former home in Old Frontenac and on the land I inherited in 2002 from Aunt Annette Sprick Kulseth, lucky me. A few photos from last week's groundbreaking...

Goodbye to the old outhouse and shed...they served us well. And, as Mom (Alverna Sprick Miller) used to say, "There's 50 years of history in that place!"
Builder Mike Willers after ground was broken. You can see Mom and Dad's old place, now home to good neighbors Nathan and Jeananne, in the background.
Ground is broken! Photo by old friend Karen Swanson, who is in Minnesota visiting family, and lucky for me, me.
My dirt! My dream!

No comments: