Thursday, August 30, 2012

Turtle, the geriatric cat

Turtle, my geriatric cat, now pushing 16, doesn't have the same sweet and bright personality that dear departed Lucy did, but she's not so bad, really. She only acts up when I groom her, which I determinedly do daily to keep her looking lovely. She is reasonably social and likes to eat, sleep and sit side by side with me on the back stoop every night at midnight, watching the moon and listening to the crickets. She also enjoys watching cat and/or bird videos on YouTube on my iPad late at night, though "enjoys" may be the wrong word -- they generally appear to outrage her.
Postscript: Turtle died in October 2012, we are sorry to report. She contracted kidney disease very suddenly and was miserable, and I decided not to put her through a long decline, so we opted for home euthanasia. It was very hard, and I still miss her. Her ashes are buried in my Robbinsdale back yard next to Lucy.

No comments: