Thursday, February 1, 2007

Cousins, row the boat ashore

Boats are a common theme in Sprick family photos. In the top one, taken in 1961, cousins Joe Kirkwood, Pam and Chris Miller, Jane and Sandy Kirkwood, and Karl Schmidt hung out in Ed's boat in his yard in Lake City. Where you see the gas station across the street, there is now a Subway sandwich shop. In the bottom one, from August 1974, Cathy Miller and Dan and Sam Broberg headed for Raspberry Island in the Apostles of Lake Superior, where they would stay in a cobwebby old lighthouse with mice, bats, a scary keeper and several other rambunctious cousins. It was a wonderful place.

1 comment:

Sammy B. said...

Ok...Here's the deal. The picture of me, Dan & Chats on the boat proves these three important points:
1. I was thin at one time.
2. My hair has not always been grey.
3. My wicked sense of fashion was immediately copied by my fashion challanged brother.
Side Note...Chats is sportin' the orginal "Daisy Dukes", which should have been dubbed "Cathy Millers"...works for me.