Monday, February 24, 2014

My favorite place in the green season

How I love my new place in Old Frontenac! Here are a few photos taken before the snow flew in late 2013:

The greatroom as seen from the porch, before I had moved much furniture down.
The family chest, full of scrapbooks, now resides at Chateau Frontenac.
The windbreak of grapevines was pretty tangled by late fall. This was before two of these scarlet maples came down. Sadly, they were split and threatening to fall. Three beautiful ones remain, though.
The week before the deer season in November 2013, I spotted a doe and buck in Wakondiota Fireld across the street.
The weathered old stone swan that once guarded the outhouse.
A few treasures, and lots of weeds, grow in the wildflower garden on the south end of my property.

No comments: