Monday, February 24, 2014

The winter of 2013-14 drags on

It's been an extraordinarily cold and snowy winter in Minnesota, but also one of the prettiest in ages. Mindful that this may be my last winter in my beloved little Robbindale house (4328 Beard Av. N.) before I move to my even more beloved Old Frontenac house for good (am I privileged or what, to have two house?), I took some snapshots of it on a recent snowy day.

From the front. It's snowed even more since I took this!
There's the blue spruce I planted a few years back in the front yard. It's beautiful, especially this time of year.
The front sidewalk.
The back yard demonstrates some of what Emerson called "the frolic architecture of the snow."
Looking toward the garage, across the herb and peony garden. I planted two Black Hills spruce (native) and one blue spruce (nonnative, to the far left) a few years ago in the back yard. All are doing well, and look beautiful in the snow.
The curvy back sidewalk. We've had so much snow, and so little melting, that it's all quite white and clean and pretty.

No comments: