Tuesday, April 24, 2007

One year after

Alverna always said, and we say again, on this April 24, "DRIVE CAREFULLY!" Especially you young folks. A year after her death, we remember dear old Mom with love, and indeed all our lost parents. Here's the last e-mail we got from Mom, a few hours after we had a great visit with her:
From: amiller@rconnect.com To: pmmiller1@comcast.net Date: Sunday, April 23, 2006, 10:25 p.m. Subject: Your trip home I hope you made it back to Mpls. okay with the oil-spattered car engine, and also hope you make Jiffilube PAY FOR ANY REPAIR COSTS. It was a bad time of day to drive west, with the bright sun shining in your eyes. The Flower Valley Road from here is a very nice drive to Aunt Anna's place. I enjoyed the Putt-Putt with Noah and Spencer. I called down there when I got home, and they did have my watch. Now, where the heck did I leave my sunglasses? I just bought them new last week!!! Chris had called and left a message. Zack is on a 3 day trip to Chicago with his Civics class. They went to Duluth to a wedding yesterday.
Chats and Michael called. Chats said she would have flown up for the mother-daughter banquet if I had let her know in time. I didn't dream she would come, so I said "next year".
Good to see you. Have a good week. Much love, Mom Alverna Edna Sprick Miller, 7/23/24-4/24/06.

No comments: