Saturday, March 24, 2007

The Frontenac duck

We wish we knew exactly where the mysterious Old Frontenac duck came from (we think it was an Uncle Gus special), and where it went (we believe Aunt Alverna gave it away when she moved to a smaller place in Lake City). Oh, how the cousins' kids loved that duck. Here Noah plays on it during a stay with his grandparents in 1992. Not too strangely, Noah never wanted to come home after staying with Pipe and Dom. Think they put enough toys out for him? But of course, the duck was the best.

2 comments:

laurie said...

that is the coolest thing i've ever seen. much cooler than a rocking horse!

Pamela M. Miller said...

Note from cousin Sam:

Pam~
If I am correct, I believe my dad brought that duck into the family.
I had been away at the Matzkes'
farm for a week or two in the summer, and when they picked me up from the bus station my brother and Dad went on and on about how we now have a "pet" duck at home.
When I got home - there was the rocking duck. Oddly, I was disappointed!
Much love,
Sam