Monday, January 28, 2013

The Old Frontenac place: Jan. 28, 2013

So grateful to Uncle Joe for taking photos of the Old Frontenac project today when slick roads prevented me from driving down on my day off. Here's how he found it today:

A worker installed fascia and soffits on the screen porch. The porch and the big great-room window to the right will both look out over Wakondiota Park to the west. I plan to put a writing desk in front of that big window and do some writing and bird-watching there, or maybe just goof off and stare out the window.

Fascia and soffits are up on the house's southwest corner, where the master bedroom is.

The primitive shack that sat on the land when I inherited it in 2002 from Aunt Annette Sprick Kulseth had no plumbing or septic system, so I carted my water in and used the very fine outhouse, now leveled. This new house will have two bathrooms, a great luxury for this old Pam! (My Robbinsdale house just has one small one, which Noah and I shared quite well when he was growing up.) This tub/shower will be in the main bathroom.

This fancy shower will be in the master bedroom. (The house will have two not-huge bedrooms.)

No comments: